Include docs on working with the Harston lab
When migrating the developer docs out of
lava-server-doc and onto the website, include a section or a link to how best to collaborate with the Harston lab.
- All Device-types should always go upstream
- Device dictionaries for novel types should go upstream, when supported by unit tests
- Sample jobs for novel types should go upstream to support unit tests
- Sample jobs and device dictionaries may need changes to avoid referencing temporary builds or custom commands
- Sample jobs / health checks and device dictionaries do still need to go into https://review.linaro.org/q/lava-lab to get into the correct locations for the Harston lab, in the original form.
- Device-type templates will synchronise when the next upstream release is made.
- Definition of "novel types" is open for discussion on the mailing lists - compare with existing unit test support
- Document advantages of having sample jobs for novel types to ensure schema validity
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information