[UI] After searching in the job list, there's no UI indication that the job list presented to user is filtered (i.e. search results)
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to https://lite.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/alljobs (or similar URL on another LAVA instance).
- Type "zephyr-net-http-ab" (or any other search term) in the "Search" box at the top of job list.
- Press Enter.
- The list of search result is shown, as expected.
- However, there's no visible indicator in the UI that the list presented is the search result.
This behavior can (and does) easily lead to usability issues:
a) If user is distracted from the list and gets back, they may feel perplexed by the job list shown: instead of normal/default "all jobs" list they see another list, without any visual hint of hour they arrived at that different list. b). Quite often, the original search term is not exactly right (need to be more/less specific, or just a typo). Normal course of action would be to edit the term and resubmit search, but with the current UI behavior, the whole search term needs to be retyped again.
The suggested fix(es):
- After search, the original term should still be presented in the "Search" box, giving the obvious visual clue that search results are presented. This is based on the best practices of the Internet search sites (Google, etc.), which by now became intuitive for users. This addresses both issues a) and b) above. It also gives an intuitive way for users to get back to the complete list - remove all data from the "Search" box and press Enter.
- Not a recommended solution, but just for completeness, if there're strong issues raises with the recommended fix in p.1. An additional text can be shown like "Results of search form: (term)". This is not the best solution, as it doesn't address the issue b) above.