[UI] Creating a "results query" is confusing due to partitioning process in 2 steps, without keeping user in loop of this fact
- In a LAVA instance, select Results -> Queries in the top menu.
- Arrive at the page like https://lite.validation.linaro.org/results/query .
- Click on "+ Create" button.
- Be presented with a page titled "Add new query…" with a number of fields to fill in.
- Eyeball these fields, and find out that actually, there's no place to the query.
- Feel confused.
- Perhaps, start to "panic out", think "I must be doing something wrong", never proceed any further, grow the feeling that LAVA's query system doesn't work the way you need it (which is ~~ not useful to you), that it's confusing and complicated.
a) The minimal solution: Under the "Add new query…" header, add subheader "Step 1 of 2: Query name and metadata". Then for the next page "Step 2 of 2: Query criteria" b) Better solution: Make the subheaders above both visible right a the first page, using formatting to emphasize the current step, but letting users know what next step will be. E.g.:
Add new query… > Step 1/2: Query name and metadata - [with a mark on the left, in bold] Step 2/2: Query criteria - [greyed out]