27th February 2019
[Steve] Layoffs in Linaro affecting the team
[Dean] A user has noticed that their jobs running the same process multiple times in a test shell have noticed that the latter iterations take much longer than earlier iterations, even though they should take the same amount of time.
- They noticed the "Listened to connection for namespace '' done" message appeared a lot.
- shell.py has the following noted around this debug log:
# With an higher timeout, this can have a big impact on
# the performances of the overall loop.
- Is there any known issues with the read feedback checks?
- Is there any reason why this step would take longer over the course of a job? If so, is there anything we can do to mitigate this?
- Is there any settings we can tweak to adjust performance?
- Any further information that might help us investigate this further?
- Maybe a pexpect problem? Changes in this area happened in 20l8.7, Dean is using 2018.5
[Rémi] lavafed labs
- Neil’s lab is off
- ARM? In process, but may take a while - needs IT involvement to open up ports etc.
- [Rémi] Contact lava users:
- Collabora? [done]
- Baylibre? [done]
- [Rémi] Add matt’s lab
- [Steve] Can set up some stuff if needed (Mustang? BBB? Panda? Maybe grab old boards from Neil?)
[Rémi] LAVA 2019.2 release
- When ?
- Start the process Thu 28th, but we're not going to get it all done then
- Expect to finish Monday 4th?
- Need to document what functional tests we're doing manually for now (list was in Neil's head!)
- We want to get to the point where lavafed etc. make this obsolete
- Will need to actually work out useful tests for all the devices!