17th April 2019
JS and CSS minifications [Rémi]
- Is minification really useful?
- Make building more complex
- Make debugging difficult
- Add potential failures (bugs in the compiler)
- Does minify save a lot of bandwidth?
If the resources are compressed (using gzip or brotli) then the gain is not significant and not worth the effort.
Sounds better to remove the minified version and ensure that the server only send compressed versions whenever possible.
ramdisk vs nfs boot in u-boot [Rémi]
Some jobs (like cubietruck) provide both a ramdisk and an nfsrootfs while booting with nfs commands.
- Is the ramdisk of any use?
- Is it possible to remove the command that loads the ramdisk completely?
Dean to look at the jobs ARM ran to see any use of this.